You will need to apply via a Government Gateway ID, which gives you an online identity to use whenever you are using GOV.UK services.
You will also need to meet the following requirements:
• are a resident of Great Britain
• can meet the minimum age requirement
• can meet the minimum eyesight requirement
• are currently not prevented from driving for any reason
• can pay £50.00 via MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card
• have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
• can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years
Watch the DSA Video on the video page if you are unsure it shows you what do in more detail.
Apply by post
You can apply for you Provisional Licence
The D1 application form is available from the DVLA form ordering service, or at any main Post Office® branch. You will also need to enclose original documentation confirming your identity, a passport style colour photograph and the fee of £50.00.